Pages

Wednesday, 7 December 2011

How To Wear Red Lips And Make It Work


Celebrity with red lips

So my question is, what is the best way to do a red lip for an everyday look? I'll admit, the red carpet look favored by stars like Taylor Swift and Scarlett Johansson have become a bit overplayed. I mean, I get it - a bold lip will always look great in front of the camera but unfortunately for me, I've yet to be featured in a million dollar film or walk the red carpet on the arm of Ryan Reynolds. (I won’t lie, I still think that one day this might happen a girl can dream!)

The best way to create an everyday red lip without looking overdone is to keep the focus on your pout - by choosing muted colors and an otherwise minimal makeup palette, you can emphasize your bold lip. Celebs like the Kardashians are wearing their flaming lips with pale pinks and neutral colors, and though I am not - I repeat, am not - a fan of the Kardashians, I am a fan of Kourtney in this pale silk blouse with a red lip. If neutral shades aren’t really your thing or, because winter is here, and they make you looked washed out sans a summer tan, the simplicity of a black outside is always best. Not only is the saturated hue slimming, but it won’t wash you out like nudes or. As a bonus, head-to-toe black always looks chic with a red lip.

Remember: Pick a red that looks good with your skin type! There is nothing worse than someone wearing the wrong color red.

What would you pair with a red lip ? write a comment below .. ☺

Source: www.ology.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Recent Comments

Blogspot