Pages

Sunday, 18 December 2011

How To Wear Ankle Boots

After watching others wearing them with skirts, skinny jeans and even cropped pants, I finally bit the bullet and got my first pair of ankle boots. Actually, that isn’t entirely true. I had ankle boots — but I’ve always worn them under boot-leg jeans.

Lately, though, ankle boots are popping up with all sorts of different hemlines and pant silhouettes. At first I wasn’t a fan of the look at all, but as often happens, my eye has adjusted and I’m beginning to appreciate the trend. So when Dansko reached out to me to see if I was interested in participating in a holiday blogger review this year, I chose the Buffy ankle boot.

ankle boot

When I got them, I loved them immediately. The ruching and button detail are fun, and the solid 2-1/2 inch heel (with a 1/2-inch platform so it only feels like a 2-inch heel) is the perfect marriage of form and function. They feature Dansko’s signature foam cushioned insole and steel shank, which provide great support for all-day wear.

The question, of course, is, what do I wear with them??

My favorite way to wear them (so far) is with my regular blue denim skinny jeans.

I feel like wearing these ankle boots would update almost any old outfit. I’d like to try them with a denim skirt and tights sometime. Sort of along the lines of this look.

booties with a skirt

You can wear ankle boots with jeggings.

booties with jeggings

You can wear ankle boots with a dress.

booties with a dress

I’ve even seen ankle boots with cropped pants, although I have to admit, I’m not a huge fan of this look.

booties with cropped pants

I’m looking forward to finding more ways to wear my new booties!

How about you? Do you have ankle boots? How are you wearing them? Write a comment! ^_^

Source: www.musingsofahousewife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Recent Comments

Blogspot